Thank you for your interest in the 2018 Capitol Day!
The Michigan Guardianship Association hopes that you will join us bringing the voices
of guardians and those we serve to Lansing.
Volunteering for this event is one of the most important things you can do for your profession, the association but most importantly those you serve. Please consider joining us in Lansing.
Onsite Contact: Sara Dziurman, MGA Administrator
Phone: (586) 996.3456 (accepts text messaging)
Volunteer Arrival Time: 8:00 am or before Breakfast served: 8:00 am
Instructional Review: 8:30 am
First Appointments begin at: 8:45 am Lunch: 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
Clara Bell Anderson House Of ce Building (The “HOB”)
124 N Capitol Ave.
Mackinac Room, 5th floor
Lansing, MI 48933
Direction to Mackinac Room (once in the “HOB”):
– Take elevators (left of the guards desk) to 5th oor
– When you get off the elevator you will see another guards desk. Take a left through the wood door
– Take an immediate right down the hall
– Another right and walk all the way down to the end of the hall. Mackinac room is on your left!
- You must carry your drivers license or state ID with you all day. You will only be allowed entry into some of the buildings by showing it to the guards.
- Business casual is the required dress for the day.
- Bring your business cards.
- A hot breakfast and boxed lunch will be provided. There will also be snacks and beverages provided throughout the day.
- Park at the Radisson Lansing and be sure to tell them that you are a guest with the Michigan Guardianship Association. Parking here is $20.00 all day – no matter how many times you are in and out.
- Parking is also available in the ramp next to the Radisson Hotel. This ramp has fees for each entry, but may be more cost effective at $14.00 for the day.
- Please take a moment to review the items in the MGA packet. The one page document and our brochure will provide you with valuable information necessary to answer questions that the legislators may have.
- Please prepare some examples of your personal experiences in regard to times when you assisted a CMH client/ward and how it would have ended differently if they did not have a professional guardian.